Expenses.co.in is used for managing all the shared expenses (or common expenses) you make with your room-mates, colleagues or partners. Its a cross-browser, cross-platform web-application meaning it runs on any computer browser or any mobile device.
Expenses.co.in not only keeps the record of all the common expenses it also generates summarized as well as detailed reports. It has following features:-Add your common expenses from any device whether its computer or mobile/cell-phone , now stop using your notepad or excel!
- Common or shared expenses are never common to all your room-mates/group and yes its real pain when it comes to calculate the "who has to pay what? And how much? And to whom", Expenses.co.in does it automatically and shows you a summary as you add expense the summarized report gets updated automatically.
- Time for settlement? Its a click on a button and all your room-mates/sharing-partners get email report. Its that easy!
- With Expenses.co.in all the common or shared expenses are transparent to all your room-mates or sharing-partners. You get the detailed report as the expense is added and finally it comes in your mail-inbox like Gmail, yahoo, rediffmail, hotmail, AOL etc.
Making of Expenses.co.in
The Expenses.co.in is developed
and designed by Abhishek Dilliwal
during the period of March-11 and April-11. The software was inspired
by the need of it when an alternate of excel or copy-pen was searched
and none of the web-app was easy, cross-device compatible or even had
that simple reporting technique. The web-app was tested and enhanced as
per the requirements and if you think something is missing you too can suggest us enhancement (mail us at: email@example.com).
Hearty thanks to Ashok Dilliwal, Natasha, Amit, Nikhil, Saransh, Vivek, Vibhuti, Pranjal, Devina, SmartStream team, TCS-NSDL team and many more for their encouragement and application evaluation.
Expenses.co.in was built using several tools and technologies here's what was used,
- PHP is the core on which CodeIgniter is sitting as MVC Framework
- MySQL-INNODB is used for all the transaction and record saving purpose.
- CSS, HTML5 and JQuery where used for the design of app.
- PDT-Eclipse, FileZilla, BugZilla, FireBug, Opera, Mozilla, MSIE, Google-Chrome, Safari were used as development and testing tools.